Support Officer/ Junior Project Manager
Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a small but very passionate team of business developers, scientists, agronomists, IT specialists, and lab analysts, we are dedicated to making a positive impact in the world of agricultural innovation. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting-edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in the feed (FeedCares), and in leaf (LeafCares), which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed global calibration database and technology, which keeps on developing and evolving. Our main asset is an international team of multitalented specialists who provide scientific knowledge through innovative technology and make it widely accessible across the agricultural sector.
AgroCares is looking for a:
Support Officer/ Junior Project Manager (full-time)
We are currently seeking an energetic and ambitious Support Officer/Junior Project manager based in Wageningen to work together with our technical customer support and operations to help coordinate all AgroCares European and global projects.
AgroCares is looking for a professional with 1-2 years of relevant work experience who can develop and evolve in this role. We are seeking someone who is interested in innovations, agriculture, soil science and agricultural technology and has an affinity towards solving technical problems and app development. The core of our work is the excellence of our international team, therefore, you must be a team player, have extraordinary communication skills and adjust well in a diverse, dynamic and young environment.
The main goal of this role is to support the implementation and continuation of existing projects across the globe, provide technical information and support to our customers, mediate between Account Managers, customers and IT regarding new developments and conduct testing of new applications. In general, to have a hands-on and flexible attitude and mindset. AgroCares is a small and innovative company where it is required to look beyond the tasks for your job description.
The right candidate for this function will work in the Sales, Operations and Support team and frequently interact with customers, prospects and project managers. Also, he/she will write content for our social media channels and report on all technical relevant issues.
- Support Account Managers in their activities on portfolio management and market development in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Support customers with technical backstopping, respond to all related support questions
- Support ongoing projects related to carbon monitoring
- Occasionally write articles, social media posts and client updates about AgroCares-related activities or agricultural-relevant topics
- Participation in field trainings, project organization and writing reports about those activities
- Contribute to further development of new applications and market
- Contribute to maintaining strategic long-term trusting relationships with current and new clients to accomplish growth and long-term company objectives and strategies
- MSc. Degree in Agricultural/ development economics, environmental sciences, soil science or related studies;
- Preferrable 1-2 years of experience in a comparable environment;
- Experience with carbon sequestration and carbon credits is an asset;
- Experience with working in an international and young team, strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Being able to adapt quickly to a hectic and multicultural work environment;
- Affinity with digital solutions in agriculture and the food sector;
- Willingness for frequent travels;
- Team player, proactive and excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, other languages are an advantage;
- A self-starter, able to work independently and hands-on wherever support is needed;
- In possession of a valid residence permit in the Netherlands
Do you have several years of experience as a Support Officer/Junior Project manager, and are you ready for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you:
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to Tanja.Luebbers@agrocares.com or Viktoriia.Sakun@agrocares.com
For more information about the position, please contact
**Commercial inquiries or activities regarding this vacancy are not appreciated or accepted.