QA Project Officer
We are looking for a new colleague to join our young, dynamic and international team:
AgroCares wants to make a contribution to global sustainable agricultural production. We do this by developing fast, reliable, non-destructive methods for testing soil, animal feed and crops. Based on the measurement results, farmers and growers are advised on their agricultural activities. SoilCares Research is a young international company and part of AgroCares. The company is based in Wageningen where 12 researchers and 11 laboratory technicians / analysts are currently working within the research team. The developed products are brought to the market via AgroCares.
In 2014 we started our own calibration / validation laboratory. Here, the chemical, physical and biological characteristics of globally collected samples of soil are mapped out using standard analytical methods. Furthermore, measurements with non-destructive sensors (NIR, MIR and XRF) are performed on these samples. The data is used to derive prediction models with which soil testing can be carried out on location.
The calibration / validation laboratory consists of two parts. Sample registration and sample pre-treatment take place in one part. In the second part, the samples are further analyzed according to regulations / specifications and the analysis results are evaluated and processed. Monitoring and guaranteeing the quality of the analyzes has a very high priority here.
This vacancy concerns a part-time function (24 hours per week). The QA project officer carries out the following tasks:
• Further development of the quality policy in collaboration with researchers, lab specialists and lab manager, by drafting reports, optimizing (work) processes, planning of (maintenance) activities and maintaining contacts with various parties (including NVWA)
• Checking and following up on the action plan and generating ideas for improvement
• Organizing (internal) audits and recording and monitoring the results
• Reporting process disruptions / deviations,
• Working with and processing data in LIMS
• Scanning and processing of deliveries
• HBO education level with affinity for laboratory work
• Systematic, precise and proactive work attitude
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience within QA / QC, including being familiar with working with log books, assessing and optimizing SOPs, organizing audits
• Be familiar with laws and regulations regarding processing / waste flows of chemicals
• Good command of English language (both written and spoken; the language of instruction is English)
• Experience with soil is an advantage
• Good communication skills and social skills
• Able to plan and execute work independently
• Able to work in an international environment
We offer a pleasant working environment with colleagues who are always ready to help you. This vacancy is for a period of 1 year with the possibility of extension to a permanent employment contract. In addition to a competitive salary, including holiday allowance, we offer a commuting allowance, personal budget and, if necessary, training opportunities.
Further information can be obtained from Leonne de Bruijn, Laboratory Manager, by email: Leonne.deBruijn@agrocares.com.
You can apply before Tuesday, December 11, 2018 by email. Please send your motivation letter and resume to Sandra Johannink, HR Officer, via email@example.com.