AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a passionate team of scientists, agronomists, IT specialists and lab analysts we contribute to solving the world food gap. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in feed (FeedCares) and in leaf (LeafCares) which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed calibration database. When we set foot in a new country our agronomists determine the number and location of soil samples we need to collect to “calibrate” this country. This means we need to collect enough soil samples to cover the full spectral range of the soils within that specific country or area. All samples are analyzed in our Golden Standard Lab in Wageningen where a team of 10 specialists take care of all the measurements and implementations in our databases.
At AgroCares, we are looking for an ambitious senior analyst who sees a challenge in supporting our organization from a technical point of view and deliver input for the innovation and optimization of solutions within Golden Standard Laboratory. More specifically you will:
As a senior analyst you will:
- Perform chemical analysis of soil and feed samples using instrumentation such as ICPMS and XRF.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities with instrumentation and methodologies, and assist with troubleshooting, assessment of root case and subsequent implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Participate in quality system activities, including maintenance of test and training records.
- Under the direction of senior staff, conduct method development and validation, including documentation and communication of results and status of progress.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements.
- For methods within area of responsibility, provide training for new or more junior staff.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
- Supports and complies with all Company policies, Quality Systems and Health & Safety programs.
This is what we have to offer:
A position as a lab technician in an international team of 10 colleagues, where you have opportunities to learn, develop and work together with a team of specialists in the Agro field. Beside a good salary and 25 holidays we offer you the possibility to learn and to develop yourself and to contribute to our company.
This is what you have to offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, preferably Chemistry or Physics, and/or 5 years in laboratory experience, or equivalent combination
- Experience in the field of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy or mass spectrometry
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience in working in projects and as a team player
- Experience with executing validation
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude and can-do mentality
- The ability to adapt to a changing environment
At AgroCares, we are looking for an ambitious senior analyst who sees a challenge in supporting our organization from a technical point of view and deliver input for the innovation and optimization of solutions within Golden Standard Laboratory. Interested? Send your CV and motivation letter to HR@agrocares.com and become part of the AgroCares team