Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a passionate team of scientists, agronomists, IT specialists and lab analysts we contribute to solving the world food gap. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in feed (FeedCares) and in leaf (LeafCares) which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed calibration database. When we set foot in a new country our agronomists determine the number and location of soil samples we need to collect to “calibrate” this country. This means we need to collect enough soil samples to cover the full spectral range of the soils within that specific country or area. All samples are analyzed in our Golden Standard Lab in Wageningen, where a small, dedicated team of specialists take care of all the measurements and implementations in our databases.
At AgroCares we are looking for an ambitious analyst, who can contribute to the innovation in the development of the Golden Standard Laboratory. More specifically, you are able to:
- Perform chemical analysis of soil and feed samples using instrumentation such as ICPMS.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities with instrumentation and methodologies, and assist with troubleshooting, assessment of root case and subsequent implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and troubleshooting
- Participate in quality system activities, including maintenance of test and training records.
- Conduct method development and validation, including documentation and communication of results and status of progress.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements.
- For methods within the area of responsibility, provide training for new or more junior staff.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
- Supports and complies with all Company policies, Quality Systems and Health & Safety programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, preferably Chemistry or Physics, Environmental Sciences
- Experience in the field of mass spectrometry
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Experience in working in projects and as a team player
- Experience with executing validation
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude and can-do mentality
- The ability to adapt to an international environment
For more information about the vacancy please contact HR@agrocares.com, or apply now by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org