Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a passionate team of scientists, agronomists, IT specialists and lab analysts we contribute to solving the world food gap. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in feed (FeedCares) and in leaf (LeafCares) which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed calibration database. When we set foot in a new country our agronomists determine the number and location of soil samples we need to collect to “calibrate” this country. This means we need to collect enough soil samples to cover the full spectral range of the soils within that specific country or area. All samples are analyzed in our Golden Standard Lab in Wageningen, where a small, dedicated team of specialists take care of all the measurements and implementations in our databases.
At AgroCares we are looking for an ambitious analyst, who can contribute to the innovation in the development of the Golden Standard Laboratory. More specifically, you are able to:
- Provide technical expertise in the determination of quality in animal feeding stuff;
- Develop, validate and implement the methods to determinate quality in forages (e.g. determination of crude protein, crude fat, fibres, starch, ash).
- Create new and update existing working instructions
- Troubleshoot problems to determine cause and recommend corrective action
- Assists in training of new employees and assignment of laboratory duties
- Oversee day-to-day operations in the laboratory and report abnormal or unusual conditions to laboratory manager
- Support and comply with all Company policies, Quality Systems and Health & Safety programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in analytical chemistry, environmental science, environmental toxicology, or similar
- Relevant lab experience,
- Familiar with at least one of the following methods: Soxhlet extraction, dry combustion, Kjeldahl method, NDF, ADF
- Experience with setting up and validation of the methods is a must
- Experience with handling animal feed material is a must
- Familiar with ISO 17025 or GMP is an advantage
- Excellent command of English both verbal and written
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude and can-do mentality
For more information about the vacancy please contact HR@agrocares.com, or apply now by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org