Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a passionate team of scientists, agronomists, IT specialists, and lab analysts we contribute to solving the world food gap. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting-edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in the feed (FeedCares), and in leaf (LeafCares) which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed calibration database. When we set foot in a new country our agronomists determine the number and location of soil samples we need to collect to “calibrate” this country. This means we need to collect enough soil samples to cover the full spectral range of the soils within that specific country or area. All samples are analyzed in our Golden Standard Lab in Wageningen, where a small, dedicated team of specialists take care of all the measurements and implementations in our databases.
AgroCares is looking for a:
Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager (full-time/part-time)
We are currently seeking an energetic and ambitious Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager for work on customer support, business development, and project management of our activities in developing and emerging markets.
AgroCares is looking for an experienced professional who can develop and evolve in this role. You have an interest in innovations, agriculture, soil science and agricultural technology. Your commercial and communication skills are above average.
The main goal of this role is to expand our markets in developing and emerging markets, create an impact for our customers and their end-users (farmers), and design solutions that best fit the agro-environmental conditions of the customer.
The Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager will work closely together with the Chief Agronomist and the support team. In this position, you will report directly to the Manager of the “Sales, Operations and Support” team.
The right candidate for this function will work in the Sales, Operations, and Support team and will have frequent interactions with customers, prospects, and project managers. Also, he/she will write content for our social media channels and report on project outcomes. Most activities will be related to developing and emerging markets.
- Develop new leads to scale our activities in developing and emerging markets;
- Develop new use cases of AgroCares’ solution and initiative new projects;
- Support our customers with agronomic advice and technical backstopping;
- Communicate project findings on social media and practioner journals;
- Participation in the project organization, setting up action plans, and monitoring and reporting on the progress and status;
- MSc in Agronomy, Soil Science or other relevant studies;
- 3- 5 years of experience in a comparable environment;
- Experience with working in an international company, preferably in the AgTech space;
- Affinity with digital solutions in agriculture and the food sector;
- Willingness for frequent travels;
- Team player, pro-active and excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Other languages (preferably French and or Dutch) are an advantage.
- Knowledge of livestock feed is an advantage.
- In possession of a valid residence permit in the Netherlands
Do you have several years of experience as a Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager, and are you ready for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you:
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the position, please contact Christy van Beek via email@example.com
**Commercial inquiries or activities regarding this vacancy are not appreciated or accepted.