Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a passionate team of scientists, agronomists, IT specialists, and lab analysts, we contribute to solving the world food gap. We achieve this by providing the people who produce our food with cutting-edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in the feed (FeedCares), and in leaf (LeafCares), which ultimately leads to sustainable yield and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed calibration database. When we set foot in a new country, our agronomists determine the number and location of soil samples we need to collect to “calibrate” this country. This means we need to collect enough soil samples to cover the full spectral range of the soils within that specific country or area. All samples are analyzed in our Golden Standard Lab in Wageningen, where a small, dedicated team of specialists take care of all the measurements and implementations in our databases.
AgroCares is looking for a:
Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager (full-time/part-time)
We are currently seeking an energetic and ambitious Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager for work on customer support, business development, and project management of our activities on a global scale.
AgroCares is looking for an experienced professional who can develop and evolve in this role. You have an interest in innovations, agriculture, soil science and agricultural technology. Your commercial and communication skills are above average.
The main goal of this role is to expand our markets globally, create an impact for our customers and their end-users (farmers), and design solutions that best fit the agro-environmental conditions of the customer.
The right candidate for this function will work in the Sales, Operations, and Support team and will have frequent interactions with customers, prospects, and project managers. Also, he/she will write content for our social media channels and report on project outcomes.
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with current and new clients to accomplish growth and long-term company objectives;
- Develop new leads to scale our activities on the existing and new markets;
- Support customers with technical backstopping, agronomic advice and information requests;
- Communicate project findings on social media, occasionally write articles and client updates;
- Participation in the project organization, setting up action plans, and monitoring and reporting on the progress and status;
- Contribute to further development of new applications and market strategies
- MSc in Agronomy, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness or other relevant studies;
- 2- 5 years of experience in a comparable environment;
- Experience with carbon sequestration and carbon credits are an asset;
- Experience with working in an international and young team, strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Being able to adapt quickly to a hectic and multicultural work environment;
- Affinity with digital solutions in agriculture and the food sector;
- Willingness for frequent travels;
- Team player, pro-active and excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English, both oral and written, other languages are an advantage;
- A self-starter, able to work independently and hands-on wherever support is needed;
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours
- In possession of a valid residence permit in the Netherlands
Do you have several years of experience as a Commercial Agronomist/Project Manager, and are you ready for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you:
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to HR at email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact Tanja Luebbert Tanja.Luebbers@agrocares.com
**Commercial inquiries or activities regarding this vacancy are not appreciated or accepted.