Who are we?
AgroCares is a Dutch AgroTech company based in Wageningen. With a small but very passionate team of business developers, scientists, agronomists, IT specialists, and lab analysts we are dedicated to making a positive impact in the world of agricultural innovation. We have the vision to provide Food suppliers with cutting edge solutions to measure nutrients and other key parameters in soil (SoilCares), in the feed (FeedCares), and in leaf (LeafCares) to promote more sustainable yields, management practices and production increases.
The strength of our technology lies in our in-house developed global calibration database and technology, which keeps on developing and evolving. Our main asset is an international team of multitalented specialists who provides scientific knowledge through innovative technology and makes it widely accessible across the agricultural sector.
AgroCares is looking for a:
Agricultural Business Developer (full-time)
We are currently seeking an energetic and ambitious Agricultural Business Developer for work on customer support, business development and project management for our activities in the European and African markets.
AgroCares is looking for an experienced professional who can develop and evolve in this role. You have an interest in innovations, agriculture, soil science and agricultural technology. You are a team player, have excellent communication skills and commercial drive.
The main goal of this role is to support and lead existing projects and expand our markets in Europe and Africa, establish long-term relationships with partners and their end-users (farmers) and design solutions that best fit the agro-environmental conditions of the customers.
The right candidate for this function will work in the global commercial team and will be responsible for communicating with customers, prospects, and distribution partners.
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with current and new clients to accomplish growth and long-term company objectives
- Develop new leads to scale our activities in developing and emerging markets
- Drive sales funnel and own all aspects of the sales from qualification, customer needs assessment, contact negotiations and retention
- Support customers with technical backstopping, agronomic advice and information requests
- Takeover projects related to carbon sequestration and carbon credits
- Supporting the marketing team with occasional writing of articles, client updates and reporting on project activities
- Proactively engaging, contributing and bringing in new ideas for the sales strategy, development and projects
- Contribute to further product development based on market and client feedback
- MSc. Degree in Agricultural/ development economics, or Agribusiness development or related studies;
- Strong business development and sales experience with an outstanding track record in doing business with agricultural companies
- Well established network in agribusiness: input manufacturers, agricultural service providers, global commodity merchant companies;
- Preferrable 3- 5 years of experience in a comparable environment;
- Experience with carbon sequestration and carbon credits are an asset;
- Experience with working in an international and young team, strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Being able to adapt quickly to a hectic and multicultural work environment;
- Affinity with digital solutions in agriculture and the food sector;
- Willingness for frequent travels;
- Team player, pro-active and excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English and French, both oral and written, other languages are an advantage;
- A self-starter, able to work independently and hands-on wherever support is needed;
- In possession of a valid residence permit in the Netherlands/Europe
Do you have several years of experience as an Agricultural Business Developer and are you ready for a new challenge? Then we are looking for you:
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to: Viktoriia.Sakun@agrocares.com and Tanja.Luebbers@agrocares.com
**Commercial inquiries or activities regarding this vacancy are not appreciated or accepted.